- Affordable, full-featured AutoCAD®-drawing-based CAD package.
- Directly reads and writes AutoCAD drawing and DXF files without translation.
- Takes full advantage of the power of Microsoft Windows® 95/98 and Windows NT.
- Simple for new users, yet powerful for experienced users.
- Complete customization with ActiveX Automation (formerly, OLE Automation), using your favorite programming language.
Overview of Features and Capabilities
SoftSource Virtual Drafter (Vdraft) is designed to deliver unprecedented drawing efficiency and productivity for
new and experienced CAD users. Vdraft richly integrates elegant, professional
drafting tools and output capabilities.
- The industry standard for compatibility with the AutoCAD file formats. Vdraft reads and writes AutoCAD native DWG and DXF file formats--directly without
translation, thus ensuring that the original AutoCAD drawing information and
integrity are maintained. In fact, Vdraft sets the current industry standard with
this unique compatibility milestone: not even AutoCAD itself reads DXF format without
But don't just take our word for it. Here's what Bill Plummer, an AutoCAD user seeking alternative solutions, had to say: ". . .Most recently, Visual CAD, Visio, and Imagineer have shown promise. Each one of these failed to produce a completely compatible DWG file. At this time, I own all three and more but have not been able to produce even the simplest DWG that would conform to my customers' CAD standards. . .Vdraft is the first CAD system in ten years that let me meet customer standards without using AutoCAD. . .Vdraft creates a completely compatible DWG file. . . . Period, end of discussion, no exceptions!"
- Robust, native 32-bit architecture that fully utilizes the enhanced
performance of Microsoft Windows 95/Microsoft Windows NT. Vdraft taps into the
increased stability, speed, and accuracy of the latest Microsoft Windows technology,
including networking, email, Multiple Document Interface (MDI) for supporting
multiple drawing files open at once, and ActiveX (formerly, OLE 2.0 and later versions) connectivity with the full suite of
certified Windows-compliant applications.
- Easy-to-learn/easy-to-use, streamlined tool/command structure. Vdraft
is functionally equivalent to much of AutoCAD's core functionality, but streamlines--indeed,
avoids!--the multiple tiers of redundant commands that have crept into
AutoCAD over several releases. In addition, Vdraft's more elegantly designed tools
incorporate state-of-the-art GUI, such as intelligent pop-up menus and flicks.
Vdraft's guiding design philosophy is based on providing tools that place the
appropriate functionality, power, and efficiency right at the user's fingertips.
- Easy transition from AutoCAD. Experienced AutoCAD users can hit the ground running and get right down to productive work with Vdraft.
For example, while in Vdraft, the user can type in AutoCAD commands, and Vdraft executes the equivalent commands or actions. Vdraft also uses terminology already familiar to AutoCAD users: Blocks in AutoCAD are blocks in Vdraft; polylines, layers, and attributes in AutoCAD are just that in Vdraft. In addition, Vdraft's AutoCAD Help provides an online quick reference with complete information on the AutoCAD commands supported in Vdraft. The AutoCAD User's Guide to Vdraft, a separate, printed manual included with Vdraft, provides an overview and parallel AutoCAD-Vdraft tutorial to walk AutoCAD users through key features and drafting procedures in the two programs.
- Truly versatile programmability via revolutionary ActiveX Automation and
Vdraft's open architecture. Vdraft's full support of ActiveX (formerly OLE) Automation allows
complete customization via a single programming language--for example, Microsoft
Visual Basic®, Visual C++, or any other preferred Windows development
tool. Vdraft totally eliminates the necessity of learning numerous programming
protocols to create custom CAD solutions.
- Real value at unbeatable cost-effectiveness. $250.00 is all it takes to turbo-charge a CAD workstation with Vdraft! Vdraft serves as a stand-alone CAD system to create completely compatible AutoCAD DWG/DXF files. And, even users who own AutoCAD should also own Vdraft, the Better AutoCAD Drawing Editor, to take advantage of features like superior multiple document handling, easy dimensioning, easy printing/plotting, and a host of many, many more features that will make CAD enjoyable again! Vdraft's price is low enough to allow all designers and engineers to have a copy on their computer.
We like what Joel Orr had to say about it: "Every AutoCAD user must buy Vdraft. It's a no-brainer."
DWG and DXF Compatibility
Tools and User Interface
Easy Transition from AutoCAD
Value and Cost-Effectiveness Checklist
Product Fact Sheet
More Information. . .
Return to Vdraft's Home Page
© 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999 SoftSource